Northern Atlantis Islands (Marianas) [WIP]

Jadehawk Wrote:Howdy all,
I chose the Marianas as my first experiment for modding maps. I have already changed all the names of the Islands, towns, Mtns, etc. I even have my first completed airbase of my own design. I have used items from this great site to give my impression of Atlantis before and during WWII.

Later on I might tackle something real. But for now this is a learn-as-you-go-hope-not-to-screwup Project!

I have built many airbases and airfields in the past for my own enjoyment, (using the standard, non-editing FMB) but this is the first time I have total control over the entire design and this is way cool!

Of course I have many questions as a newbie Map maker, so bear with me and any and all help is MUCH appreciated! Big Grin

1. How do I rename the files to call it...well Atlantis and have it's own slot in the list? I tried searching this site, but the more I do the worse off I get trying to find exactly what I'm looking for. It sure would be a God-send if one of you pros made a step-by-step tutorial that shows how to do this.

2. How do you use the Height functions in FMB? I see Peak and two others I can't remember. I know about the third mouse button, but nothing happens. I assumed this will change the topographic elevations of the map? I'd love to change this if I can!

You must already have a folder for this map in the il2/maps folder..so that you can save your work....and the marianas folder in the MODS/MAPMODS/maps folder which loads into the FMB

so...make a copy of the marianas folders in both locations and rename to Atlantis...then add this to the all.ini file in thye MAPMODS/maps folder...

Atlantis Atlantis/load.ini

to use the Height....I mainly use the Blur one to 'pull-down' the edges of the land where it meets the water...or to smooth an area to place an airstrip....
select Blur and a red dot will appear ...right click and choose 9 blocks(pixels) and the single dot will change to a box of 9x9 dots.... then press 'enter' and go into 3D view..... use the mouse wheel to raise or lower the area

same should work with the Peek and other one

Messages In This Thread