Map Object Placement Errors

Excellent post Boris, that's the spirit and attitude that made all of this possible in the first place. You can be sure that you will get all of the help you need in your future work.

canonuk Wrote:My objection wasn't with your original comments. As the map is a beta I'm happy for people to point our errors and areas for improvement. Such issues would have been dealt with for my final version. What I objected to was people just encouraging you to go ahead and add whatever you want to the map.

Quote: I see this as very much a community effort.

Now this is where I disagree. I'm massively greteful to everyone that developed the tools that made modding and map building possible, but the hundreds of hours spent researching airfields at the National Archives, drawing map_c, placing textures, tweaking textures, placing bridges, adding objects, testing and re-testing - that's not a community effort. That's my effort.

And how will somebody who mod your map take it away from you, your version is always your version. When Maraz made Malta map letchik made his actors.static for that map and Maraz didn't have any problem to include letchik's version in download pack.

Do you think that you are above anybody else and that your work can't be modded? We are all modding somebody else work without any permission.It is OK to mod Oleg's work but your work can't be touched? That's called hypocrisy. After all what you are going to do if somebody makes another version of your map, you will sue them? :roll: :lol:

When I see this attitude I'm sorry that I helped this kind of person in any way but I'll be more careful in future.

FC

Messages In This Thread