Map Object Placement Errors

Cannon,
First let me thank you for a gentlemanly and civil response to my post despite the tone for which I apologize. I "read" into it an attitude that I now see wasn't there.
I wasn't aware that it was a beta map until I found the thread and saw the title. I received your map in an "Install Package" that contains many of the most popular mods. Knowing now that it is a beta I retract my "acid" comments. I look forward to the final release of this fine map. I have already made a couple of missions for my squad on it and we all enjoy it very much. I'm sure you don't want or need any help in finishing it but let me extend an offer to assist you in any way I am capable of if you think it might help.

FC,
Don't judge Cannon too harshly. If you have ever made a skin or a template (or a mod) you know how many long and hard hours go into it. Maps obviously, take much more effort and dedication. Once a person has expended that much energy into making something and then offering it for free to the community, they will feel a certain "ownership" in their work and will be wary of anyone who thinks they can do better. As the authors name will attach to it either directly or indirectly, anything that doesn't meet that authors standards will be painful for them as there will be some who will think that said author is not quite up to scratch. Plus, after all that work to have someone modify it and then not give credit either deliberately or accidentally is an affront to that authors hard work. So cut the man some slack. I think by reading his post you can gather that Cannon is quite the gentleman when approached with some respect.

~S~ to all.

Messages In This Thread