Accurate Ardennes

If this has already been mentioned I apologise, however I see a deep need for a topographically and geographically accurate map of the Ardennes region. As those of you who study history will know, the IL2 Ardennes map little resembles the actual area in layout, topography or climactic conditions.
Not to disparage Mr Maddox or his compatriots - the Ardennes map has been the site of many entertaining hours, but I want more. When I saw the wonderful topography of the Bessarabia and Slovakia maps and the historically modelled Slot and Channel 40 maps, it ignitied a desire for a real tough Ardennes map.
If the scale fits, it could include the other important areas such as the Scheldt Estuary, the Rhineland campaign, the Saarland campaign, Huertgen forest, Arnhem, Aachen and so on depending on the scale modelled. This map area would parrallel nicely with the Tiffy releases.
If maps were done for both 1940 and 1944-45, in Summer, Spring/Fall, and Winter liveries, several different campaigns could be covered.

Dambusters anyone???

von Kopfdorfer

Messages In This Thread