My new textures for BoB.

Hi Genosse

There is a good post by VPMedia in the "tutorials" string (pg1) in this mapmods discussion section. It explains how 2, -2 and nothing at the end of the Lowland0= lines can help you. You can up your texture detail and remove 3d trees, up both textures and trees, lower texture no trees etc. Just need to try them and see what ups your FPS. I havent found what the "1" does.

Has anyone considered including objects in these textures. ie sheep/cattle, a tractor working the field etc. I realize they may be only dots in game but a little colour and shading and you are fooled into thinking its a working farm. Its kind of cheating out of new objects and much easier on the graphics/fps. I think people who can only have limited number of objects would love that detail in the tga textures. Of course these details are lost at low alt but we spend most of our time above 500m anyways. I will try this myself after I have gotten my masters in land texture creation. Im still sucking on a soother and shaking my rattle with that stuff. Someday. :roll:

Messages In This Thread