Nuby seeking help - map_c, textures, pplting cities

Ok, I'll try and answer some, but I've got to go to work so I'll be brief.

1) What I do is open the un-disected map_c in Photoshop, and reduce the scale by 25% (so it's the same as map_H) then select all the water. I then create a new layer and apply 'STROKE 2 PIXELS' in RGB0 outside the selection. I then copy that layer over into map_h. The result is all the land has a border of 0 height. Requires very little tweaking.

2) Not that I know. I just use varying levels of gaussian blur or the smudge tool

3) No idea. Never investigated that thorughly.

4) The 'WOOD' line controls the texture for the big expnses of woods. The 'layer cake' type. The tree.tga is applied to textures that share their filename and only works if there is no numerical suffix.

5) I think his is the full version. You can always make more textures.

6) Can't help

7) I think it's using RGB 31 on coastal areas that gives you surf. I think the transition between land and water also matters.

8) Investigate the AUTOPOP tool.

9) It's normal in unlocked FMB. You'll just have to place them in game, and then use 'PAGE DOWN' to cycle through them if you need to see them. And yes, there is an object list somewhere. Unlocked FMB gives the actual object names though, so you can sometimes work it out

10) Basically an RGB image of the same size as map_H that has the same colours as you real map, in the same places.

11)I'm XP

Phew....

Messages In This Thread