WIP AUS/PNG new seamless textures

Having been sick for a few days I have been working on some new seamless textures for the AUS/PNG map.

From around Ingham to Port Douglas there is a huge sugar cane belt.

Using the Tutorial from AAA for seamless textures I made some myself.

I used GOOGLE EARTH to capture the textures.

A few questions

1) In the tutorial he uses 700 X 700 pixals for the new seamless texture. What is the recommended size for IL2? I have seen 512 X 512 pixals and smaller like on the Darwin map around 245 X 245 pixals.

Saving them as a TGA file at 32 bits a few more questions.

1) Are the new textures (perhaps after resizing-smaller) are ready to be placed in a Tex folder like Tex/summer/land and can they be utilized in the load ini editing as of now?

2) What is a bumpH file (anything to do with tgb?) and is this necessary as I have seen textures with bumpH files and textures without bumpH files in maps .

3) With the current new texture do I have to do any rendering to it in 3DO Light Wave which is what I use.

A MAP question.

In Queensland for example with low level land I would want to have a lot of cane fields In PNG I would not want cane fields on the same level of land but maybe the Burma low country texture
How do I separate these areas from one texture to one country but on the same ground level like low country I think.

Cheers

KIRBY

Messages In This Thread