FMB tool for populating maps quickly

Thanks, its nice to be appreciated.

I haven't done extensive testing with it.

Lowfighter's warning about the actors.static is likely to be valid, although only a problem for larger maps, or those with heavily populated areas. I'll try it with the battle of france this weekend. I expect my computer to crash like a zeke full of .50 cal.

I don't know about the rules il2 uses to (1) decide which part of a texture.tga to apply to a tile with designated that texture in map_t (and load.ini) or (2) decide which part of a template.static to apply the tile when performing the "insert static as pattern". If anyone could enlighten us this would be useful.

However, what i do know is that if you paint the 8 x 8 pix box of your texture in a blank map's map_t, populate that with objects to use as your template (make sure you're map has nothing else) then do the process described above, your template should fit perfectly to the texture whenever you use it.

Re: Fill function. Thanks for the info on the Height>Fill function. I was referring more to the function that is bound to key "F" in config.ini. I don't think that is the Height>Fill function. I think it might be something else, but not sure what. Pressing "F" in FMB doesn't seem to do anything.

Re: Load As Spawn. This appears to just load the Aerodrome AI points from an actors.static into the map loaded into FMB at the time. Not sure whether it also loads Airbase plates.

Thanks all.

Just PM me if you want a more step-by-step description of the template making / patterning process.

Tsb47

Messages In This Thread