Serious question about maps and all.ini & config files

I should have asked this a long time ago, but getting into Mods has stretched my tiny PC knowledge quite a bit & I am learning by mistake...so I know these are obvious questions to some of you , but I am sure there are more like me way behind on the learning curve...so
I have downloaded & installed all mod maps avialable....
1.) Map info obviously goes into mapmods /maps folder, but does all {quick} info have to go into all.ini &/or config files as well? Readme's are a little unclear in some/most cases.
2.) Should every map installed show up in QMB or just the default maps? I currently have about 7-9 maps that are useable in some way shape or form,certainly not all of them...many don't show up to do Quick missions with.
3.) Those that do show up some of them I can use to fly against armor or airfield etc in Quick Missions , but others respond with message "Wrong Target" is this ok,or have I failed to do something in the all.ini file to make it possible to use same?
4.) After fresh install I still have alot (a-lot!) of fb_3do____SFS & fb_maps___SFS icons /files floating around in the main FB1946 folder.I can't believe these are in the right place...where should I move them to.."maps"?They aren't doing anything maybe I should just leave 'em there? ( OT: I also have a ton of icon/files with a little gear on a square screen with titles like _EAX_Off or _Switch-408_No_Mods or others with two little gears(dll's) in the fb1946 folder.Should all of these remain where they are???)
I'm sure I haven't covered everything but these are the main points...I hope someone can answer in a way that even an idiot like me can understand!
Thanks!
Dietz

Messages In This Thread