Coast Alignment tool

farang65 Wrote:Hi,
This was one of the first tools I have used.
Fabian Fred made a rough working map of North Aus/PNG and looking around on there were many raised land areas.
Itried this last night and it is a great little tool.
I still have a few areas of water that is above sea level on the land but that's only because I have not adjusted the coast and shallow waters as yet.
I thought I'd try this first to smooth out the coast and sea so its relatively straight.
Now I can play around with the coasts etc.
Just one question what do you do with the c map raw file once it has over written the original map c file.? Can you delete it from the AUS Map folder or not?

Cheers Kirby

Chiang Mai

Hi Kirby,

Check that your map_h file matches your map_c file i.e. make sure you don't have areas out to sea above sea level, this will "fool" CoastAlign (it does not try to anticipate "Oh, I think he/she means this is water, I'll just go ahead and put it at sea level."). As mentioned earlier, "all water" and "all land" as defined by map_c results in no changes being done to the map_h file, only coastal areas are affected. Another thing to keep in mind is to have inland water at the proper elevation, disregarding this will give you the dreaded "Star Wars Canyons of Certain Death" Tongue

Wrt to deleting the "raw" map_c file I assume you mean after a "cooked" pair have been made (using the Map_c Toolbox or the map_c tools). The "raw" map_c is not used by IL2 and can be deleted from the map folder but you might like to keep it handy for future use (such as with CoastAlign :wink: ) If you've accidentally deleted the "raw" map_c file, no sweat, the Map_c Toolbox or the map_c tools will let you "un-cook" the file pair again. 8)

Messages In This Thread