'Mild'/ snowless Winter textures and trees

Hi

This is actually more of a request / discussion topic.

I was wondering if anybody had been working on mild winter sceneries for IL-2 ? While - I suppose - uniform snow-white landscapes are realistic for most maps, I, as a 'Channel' guy can't help but feel we need a mild winter option for the upcoming Channel Map(s ? )

See, in my part of the world - See Avranches in the bottom left hand corner of the Normandy map ? I'm just 47 Miles S-W of that - Winter doesn't often come with thick snow. In fact, we're lucky if it snows at all most years. I'm not an expert in regional Winters but I guess the same must be true for the coastal areas of the UK and a huge part of Normandy.
True, it does snow sometimes, but always in small amounts and it has usually thawed almost entirely by the end of the day. It certainly doesn't snow from November to March either....

What I feel we need is a set of ETO textures representing Winter fields with a rather thin frost cover and a decent amount of mud from the rains, as well as bare trees, without leaves or snow. The closest to this I have seen yet are the 'Winter Slovakia' textures, but they're still a good deal too 'snowy'.

These 'mild winter' textures would be very useful for late winter/early spring maps, a hypothetical winter Bay of Biscay and basically to add seasonal flavour to all Channel projects...

Has anybody ever gave these a try ? What do my 'neighbours' think of that ?

Cheers

Nico

Messages In This Thread