'Mild'/ snowless Winter textures and trees

Yes FF, that's pretty close. It would look good on many maps IMO
Anyway, since I couldn't find any real data on weather conditions in my area (Eastern Britany/SW Normandy) for the years 39-45, I went and asked my grandmother who lived in Normandy from 1928-1946 ( and still has a pretty good memory for someone her age Wink ) told me it used to be snowing every Winter from around Christmas to early March until around the 1960s. She's not quite sure when it stopped as she then moved to Paris. Maybe 'Winter' as I know it is a more recent thing than I thought.
Globally, the few results I've come up with on the net showed that the 1920s-1950s period was colder than what is considered 'average'.

Obviously, some towns got more snow than others, so while some places were under 5 inches of snow for 3 months, others remained bare the entire Winter. Of course we can't model that, so I think out best bet is to go for a snowy landscape, although lighter than Russian winter textures. I think a blend between 'heavy' and 'light' snow textures would be the best compromise and give a pretty convincing result.

Cheers

Nico

Messages In This Thread