[DOWNLOAD] New map: B29 Alley New DL Links

All clear now, I was wondering too about the cause of this, but your comment made sense, you can translate the actors with arbitrary amounts, however you can't translate textures at all, they just repeat with the corresponding space periodicity :lol:

delvpier Wrote:
lowfighter Wrote:Delvpier, there is a pretty big misalignment of the houses relative to the town textures which gives pretty frequently houses in the middle of the town streets, check for example Fukuoka town.
About your save problem, maybe PM me (so that thread remains on topic) your conf.ini and I'll try to see if I can get the bug if I replace my conf.ini with yours.

Check PM for conf.ini...

For misalignment, as I wanted to release for Xmas, I didn't make many test flights... so I have to check it

... but I'm surprised... objects shift for each map was mathematical... knowing exactly where I put each single map into the "container" map, it was easy to calculate how much to shift objects

my point for verification was bridges... and you can look at them, each bridge is positioned exactly for the corresponding road or rail...... but I didn't look much at houses.

What is possible is something like this : making this m ap is a kind of translation, so if you think at texture placement relative to greed.tga (we've already discussed about on other thread), the same texture may be not anymore in the same square of greed.tga after translation than before...

For many textures, it's nothing... but for some like city textures, translation gives a different result... so the pattern to place houses is disturbed ... and don't correspond anymore.

I think about that because, when making, I realized that putting original Iwojima map_T into the "container" map_T was leading to an induced distorsion of airfields (they are not anymore on the same corresponding square of the grid in greed.tga...)

If I'm right, I couldn't do something to solve this houses problem Cry

Messages In This Thread