Edit BERLIN map to make Me-163 airfield?

Josephs1959 built a wonderful Me163 v. B17 Intercept mission for me a couple years ago. I've tweaked it with new plane skins, etc. and play it regularly.

My only complaint is that the airfield (on the Berlin map) from which the Me163s launch (and land) are concrete.

My references say the landing fields were grass (along side the concrete takeoff runway) with a "White Cross" a 100m or so from each end of the landing way as a target for the plane to land on. On this airstrip, if I try to glide onto the grass areas between the concrete, I crash every time. (Game engine FM default, I think). I can land on the concrete runways, but the look is not accurate, of course.

I have seen films of Me163s taking off from a grass runway as well. So, if the entire field were grass, that would be OK with me.

Below are pictures of the current airfield, one large for location reference (the airfield is not labelled, but circled in RED elipse) and a close up overhead view for configuration. The third picture is a photoshop of what I think the proper field should look like.

My question (request) is... Could someone (please) entertain the small project to change this particular AF to a grass configuration with landing crosses, and assist me with instructions on how to replace the Berlin Map with this new version?

The goal is to load the existing mission (as currently constructed and perfected) over the new map, as revised. I don't care if the new map permanently replaces the default BERLIN map.

[Image: Me163-Green-1.jpg]
[Image: Me163-Green-2.jpg]
[Image: Me163-Green-3.jpg]

I've tried to explain this as best I can. If I am missing something, please let me know.
[/img]

Messages In This Thread