WIP default map upgrade : KURLAND - edited w/ download link

Hi

Just a few pics of a quick Map_T and load.ini modification I made for Kurland. It's no ground breaking addon, but I figured someone else might be interested.

I've tried to diversify the landscape which only used a couple of different textures by default. The main improvement is that there is now a separate texture slot for the seaside (rivers and beaches used to use the same texture slot) I added fields (quite a few Big Grin ) and used Rus Andrey's Autumn textures because, well, it's Kurland Autumn isn't it ?

[Image: il2fb2009-01-2617-49-59-37.jpg]

[Image: il2fb2009-01-2617-49-52-67.jpg]

I will make a winter version in the next few days, borrowing heavily from MayBug's Winter Slovakia and Gilb's recent Kurland Winter.

The new Map_T has allowed me to create a campaign-specific version of the map for FlatSpinMan (Nocturnum) 's 'RAF Pilot : France' campaign which uses Kurland as a hack for Northern France. It's one of my favourite offline campaigns, and I cannot recommend you to play it enough. This version of the map will give it a more western European feel, similar to Normandy :
[Image: il2fb2009-01-2614-34-00-62.jpg]

I will also make a winter version for this one, that will be accurate for the winter Phony War missions in the campain.

Cheers

Nico

Messages In This Thread