WIP default map upgrade : KURLAND - edited w/ download link

Sorry, but I reinstalled and extracted the map pack and looked carefully at the readme.txt file.

There is no link in the file.

Here is the full text:

This pack is made of 10 standard IL2-1946 winter maps renewed with new textures : some are using new Mbug winter Slovakia texs, the others are made by me, based on Compans, CanonUK & also standard 4.09 (slovakia) textures.

All are installed as new maps, all beginning with "GW_" in their name. You can use them to replace default winter maps : just rename "GW-xxxload.ini" in default ini name.
I provided original load.ini file for each one in order to deal with default replacement and back.

MAPS PROVIDED :

GW_Ardennes
GW_Kurland_Winter
GW_Stalingrad
GW_Balaton_winter
GW_Moscow
GW_Murmansk
GW_Net1Winter
GW_Net2Winter >>> modified texture placement (map_T file)
GW_Normandy_March >>> modified texture placement (map_T file)
GW_Normandy_january >>> modified texture placement (map_T file)
GW_Norway >>> modified texture placement (map_T file)

All are winter maps.
All are made 4.08 compatible in order to play on them standard missions & campaigns.

I also reworked the ingame 2D maps to reflect the changes.
I provided Mbug Slovakia winter texs (but with size degreased to 256c - no visible change in the game) to avoid user to make separate download.

Some maps have also different highclouds covers (Moskow & Norway have an overcast layer of highclouds) and winter trees (not so successfull due to the poor 4.08 original 3D trees.

I also reworked some texs for airfields runways to mix well with my landscapes.
Snowy runways for winter maps. But also summer runways because some maps use summer ones.
The latest have less saturated colors and work (in my opinion) correctly with other summer maps...
If you don't like them, just delete them (in 3DO/airfield/...)

Thank's to :
Mbug, Compans, CanonUK, Tab & Fly-Zo for their work, and also IL2 & Slovakia map team.

Messages In This Thread