WIP default map upgrade : KURLAND - edited w/ download link

This isn't my readme Big Grin This is Gilb's winter maps pack readme.

Here's mine :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Default Map upgrade : Kurland Beta 0.9

This pack includes four new versions of the Kurland map. My aim was to try and add some diversity to the ground textures, using textures from the Slovakia and Bessarabia maps as well as seasonal textures by May_Bug and Rus_Andrey. At the heart of the modification is a new Map_T file. This was originally a quick modification for my personnal use, but I figured someone else might be interested, so here it is Big Grin

The four versions include a new version of both default Autumn and Winter Kurland maps, as well as two campaign-specific versions intended to be used with FlatSpinMan's 'RAF Pilot : France' which uses Kurland as a hack for Northern France. I higly recommend you try this campaign, it's one of my personal favourites. The Kurland FRANCE versions of the map will give it a more western european look with lots of fields, more appopriate to depict the Franco-Belgian border area the campaign is set in.

Installation :
This MOD requires :

-VPmedia Default Map Upgrade Pack : (The link is inoperative)

-May_Bug's Slovakia Winter Map : viewtopic.php?t=10025

-Rus Andrey's Autumn textures : viewtopic.php?t=7102&highlight=bob+autumn+textures

Install these MODs as indicated in their readme files.

When this is done, put the 'Map_t' file in your (by default) Program Files/Ubisoft/Il2-Sturmovik 1946/MODS/MAPMODS/maps/Kurland folder.
Then put the load.ini/wload.ini (and their _online counterparts) files of your choice in the same folder.
If asked to overwrite, click yes.

Tadaa, run the game and enjoy Wink .

Oleg and 1C for a terrific sim.
The AAA community for making it possible to modify it.
VPMedia for lighting the path.
FlatSpinMan for his great campaign.
May_Bug for his Winter textures.
Rus Andrey for his Autumn textures.
Everybody who helped me get started with editing maps, Fly_Zo and all.
Mandrill7 for early beta testing.

This is my very first MOD, so any and all feedback is of course most welcome !

Happy landings !

Porco Rosso/VonBarb.

Messages In This Thread