[Mod] zip_Islands beta ready for download!

zipzapp, I've tried it out, and it looks like THE fun map to have!!! Big Grin Big Grin
I gave myself a double dose of modding with your map, flying in a FW189 with the new Ranwers cockpit. :mrgreen:

Anyways, flew all around your map with no FPS issues, but I had a strange occurence in the area of swamp, moving into the trees (great to see a decent forest for a change,BTW)- where the railway line runs through the forest. I had a total freezeup of the game. Tried it twice, and it happened twice in the same area. Basically had to end IL2 through task manager - not responding.
This is NOT necessarily your map, as I said, also trying the new Fw189 cockpit, besides which I've started having some weird things happen on my PC. My Fraps went for a loop the other day, and I've started having an issue with IL2 that gives me a loading 15% CTD every time I make any change to any ini file. Only a reboot sorts it out, so I think its more a system issue, but I thought I'd let you know anyway.
Until the crash point, the map ran smooth as can be, even over the more populated areas.
I can highly recommend this map to anyone...it has a little bit of everything!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers

Messages In This Thread