High Malta Winter

don't remember ever seeing snow

Boy, next time I retreat into a fantasy land when playing a game, I'm not ever gonna mention the word 'snow' ... ha ha

I wouldn't have thought things would be taken so literally here. But just to explain things, why for instance the upper part of this game map is a good stand-in for a Spanish Civil War setting, notice how similar this looks to the southern part of Spain, just adjacent to north Africa. With a bit of suspension of disbelief, we have Gibraltar jutting out in the south, with Cadiz to the west and the cities of Malaga, Almeria, Cartagena and Alicante on the coast. We even have a good rendering and placing of the Sierra Nevada.

So it's all just a gameland bit of tinkering. The landscape and terrain on the Malta map is however a very good stand-in for Spain and it does snow there very much indeed. Besides, there's nothing more dramatic and visually pleasing than to fly in snowy, mountainous areas in the game. Especially when the action is low down and close to the ground. There just aren't that many good maps of that sort yet.

[img][/img]

Messages In This Thread