Adding New MAPS to DCG

Beowolff Wrote:ok...i did not know it was "not" an actual DCG campaign.

Again, sorry for not providing more info on the initial post... :oops:

Quote:yeah, according to what Paul told me once, DCG is capable of generating missions for non-DCG campaigns, but it takes some fooling around with and the results are very poor and iffy. far as i know, to make it work correctly, it would have to be "converted" to an actual DCG campaign type...with the needed rds/srd/allcampaign etc, etc ...files made for it. it can be done, and probably quite easily...but would require some large amount of work to do. i'd do it for you, but at the present have too many irons in the fire as it is.

This is where I'm in way over my head, not to mention the lack of time... I appreciate the offer but wouldn't want to hassle you that much. Smile

Quote:it's not the mod map that's keeping you from playing the campaign with DCG...DCG doesn't care about the map. it's just that without the above mentioned files, DCG does not know WHERE the map is or what you're wanting to do with it. thus it would have to be converted to something DCG would know what to look for.

sorry, but unless someone else knows better, you'll just have to use "that" non-DCG campaign the regular ole IL2 way. Cry

That's what I thought.

Quote:however, you've got a good grasp of how DCG works and can find some good ones ready to go...with many more on the way soon. my own "Atolls" campaign should be out by the end of the week (fingers crossed.) and i'll send you a PM as soon as it's ready.

that work for ya? Big Grin

Works quite well and I'm looking forward to it! Thanks!!

Hey, thought of another quick question while I have your ear... Wink A gentleman, and I forgot his name, created a different version of the Pacific Islands map where the distances between the islands was increase for longer transit times and to allow planes to gain altitude. Is there a "simple" way you know of to get IL-2, whether that be with DGen or even DCG, to use his version, called HB_PacificIslands, instead of the game's default Pacific Islands map? Thanks again for your replies and help, Beowolff.

Messages In This Thread