My Sim & I have QMB confusion..many pics of same:

Dietz, any map in the QMBPlus list that does not have "MIS file"entries in the "Quick" folder will give you a "Wrong target selected" message.

What mod version are you using? One of the soundmods or the Universal Installer 1.1?

When you add a line to the Custom= list, it adds that map to the QMBPlus. Remove any Custom= line and that map will not show in QMBPlus, that explains where all those ER and GW maps came from.

Where did you get all those Custom75-99= ER entries?
Did you download mission packs for all of them?
Those would lead to "MIS files" in the "Quick" folder that contain the "ER" prefix and denote "MIS files" made available by Easy Rider.
If you have the MIS files, the map should load with whatever target type you select. If not, Wrong target will show.

(By the way, Easy Rider did a massive job making the QMBPlus work properly and getting rid of Wrong target selected messages and was rewarded for his efforts by a lot of pissing and moaning from people not able to read and/or understand simple instructions so he moved on to better things, I guess he is now heavily involved in bringing WWI to 1946.)(not applicable to you,Dietz, just a point of information.)

The GW prefix points the QMBPlus to maps revised by GilB57 and are available for download here:
viewtopic.php?t=11498

You may be at a point where you need a fresh start with QMBPlus.
If so, let us know here and someone will help, if possible.

This below is only a cosmetic improvement, it has nothing to do with any map or mission problems.
If you want to see the right QMBPlus screen:
1. Open the "files/i18n folder in the main 1946 game directory.
2. Open the "gui_ru" file with notepad.
3. Add these lines at the end of the "gui_ru file and save it.

# ---QMBPlus 1.1

quick.Scramble Scramble
quick.Strike Strike
quick.VER: QMBPlus
quick.POS: Diff.

This will replace the "quick.VER" title with "QMBPlus"

Just wondering, what are the first 57 Custom= entries?

Messages In This Thread