My Sim & I have QMB confusion..many pics of same:

Hi Dietz

FYI
The first pic with all the quick entry's to your config you must have copied that from an old post.
they were never in any install instructions,I know the post where all those names came from and it warned about copiying these names and not having all the missions.

All those missions are no longer available to go with those name so the entries are useless.Also you need the mission to go with the names.

This should be in the Missions discussion section as it has to do with missions and not maps.
The QMB runs on missions not maps,you cannot add maps to the QMB,only missions that you have maps for in your game.

You need more in the QMB than just copying names to the quick list in order for it to function correctly.It is all in the ReadMe by FC that comes with the QMBPlus at the bottom of his ReadMe.

This has been covered before in a thread of yours also>
viewtopic.php?t=11129&highlight=
EasyRider Wrote:Hey Man

the root folder IL2 Strumoviks 1946 should have a stock quicks folder in it from the CD.
It's for use from in the QMB . You may create missions in the QMB and then save them there to fly again later,click on save at the bottom..You can get other Quicks and put them in that Quicks folder in your main game folder and play them through the QMB.click on load at bottom.

These missions or files must be > so_andSo__mission.Quick
with the .Quick extension.

The other folder called Quick that resides with-in your mission folder has files with different file extensions , they end with .mis

They all start with the name of the specific map.

They should all end with a 00.mis to be more precise. > MapName_Red or Blue_Target_00.mis
These essentialy have been created , (mission parameters I call them) so you can actually fly the new maps.Otherwise you may have the name of the map to fly in the QMB but with out these files you will get a "Target not Selected" error and will not be able to fly the map.

The new maps you add will have to be added to the bottom of the config file with-in the main game folder in order for there name to show in the QMB and to be able to select them to fly.Most maps have related info to do this,if not all of the add-on maps.

Here's a link to a thread all about it, page 8 has some really good info to your questions>
(The link is inoperative)

Easy

Hope this helps you out to understand it a bit,I remembered this as it was my third post here from joining AAA

Easy

Messages In This Thread