Black areas and "crease-marks" on in-game map??

Yes, water is spilling into land on your map_t (shows up black). Had the same issue on my Denmark map to begin with. I found out that if you use a 25% scale raw map_c as a basis for your map_t, they don't line up. No amount of shifting up, down, left or right would help, seemingly the skew is 100m i.e. half of the map_t resolution. This means that you'll never get them to line up properly. :evil:

My final solution was to use a 25% map_c with land expanded into water (mask and grow mask 1 or 2 pixels - fill in value 0 for land and 32 for water). This should give you a good template for further work. The map_c will take care of water/land so even if small inland bodies of water will be rendered non-navigatable, it will still look right.

Hint on the map_h: remember to switch off lakes to sealevel in MicroDem, this will put them at their correct elevation.

A map builders dream mod would be to unify the resolution of the important maps (_h, _t, and _c) to 50m/pixel, imagine the details possible! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread