hawaii request for talented mapmaker

Spartan10590 Wrote:Porto, you really should do some editing to the shorelines in places such as the docks at Pearl and Kanaeohe. You're doing a great job here and it is extremely obvious how much effort you have put into this map.

I just think it would be a shame to not try to get things as close to real life as possible through making some slight changes to the height map. See, the height map data you get through MicroDEM, for example, does not take into account docks. Then, you have to shrink the data down so it works with Il-2. This whole process causes a heavy loss of detail, and things such as the docks, which should be filled with water if reproduced as accuartely as possible, end up covered by the shoreline.

I had to do such modifications to the original Il-2 Hawaii map when I was trying to update it. If you'd like, I'd be more than willing to help you make the changes necessary to improve the shorelines where required.

Just offering a suggestion and my assistance should you like some help, you're doing a wonderful job as it is, keep it up.

The height map or map_C..?

Messages In This Thread