nvidia drivers & maps graphics

Since 1.1 install my graphics have been less then good with white ants running along the shorelines, cockpits on some aircraft just flat unviewable, and shimmer along rivers & the horizon on some maps.

So, I have been taking each Nvidia driver from 175.19 all the way through 185.85 to try & come up with a good all-around good quality map.

On each uninstall & do a registry cleaner & delete all folders related to nvidia & do a defrag & then install the next one in line.

I try both the 1024 x 768 x 32 & 1280 x 960 x 32 in-game settings
water 1, 2 & 3
forests 2, 3
Landgeom=3

The 178.13 drivers seem to have superior quality for viewing ground targets and seeing aircraft coming at you.

however, anything white is really bad... shimmers, shakes etc.

When I get up into the 180's the ground targets ar aircraft just don't seem to show up very well.

What I am wondering is if I am running into this compatibility problem with shimmering etc because of the wrong settings between the ingame setup and my nvidia setup.

I basically have everything in-game setup at the max & go from min to max setup in the nvidia settings.

What settings are directed toward the shimmer & white ants running along the shorelines...?

I haveXP Pro and the Nvidia 8800GTS 512 video card and an otherwise very new and fast computer.

Messages In This Thread