Changing the shallow water textures- it's possible!

Thrud Wrote:your beach sand texture looks like a dried river bed instead of a beach. it's probably a WIP texture anyway.

Depends on angle, lower you go, more realistic that looks (at least to me). Also depends on "Sun" angle because BumpH textures reacts on it very nicely. Shadows follows the sun, when you put acceleration at 8x you can see very clearly how it rapidly changes position. BumpHs also reacts on weather very good, on "clear" you can watch how its shining from the altitude and going to the worse weather it gets more dark. Interesting thing is at i.e. hazy or poor weather when you can have half beach under the cloud very dark and half in the sun almost glowing.

The angle of the dunes can be changed to follow the water and wakes of course but I have beaches on all four sides of the world so it's pointless.

Some "blocky" areas that you may see is because that area on picture (that beach) is actually very small so game renders textures by 200x200px, that I can't avoid. Don't watch that altitude from side, picture is taken from static camera which is much lower.

Will show map c in the morning, but it looks pretty massy :roll:

This image from another thread maybe can illustrate how beaches look from lower altitude, but it also depends on viewing angle. Of course, I am open for critics and suggestions (never saw tropical beach in-live I'm afraid Big Grin )

[Image: bumph1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread