map requests

Really interesting comments from both of you. I like your opinions on the Texas map. I haven't really decided yet how to do it though. I really just wanted an area where I live, kinda like Fabianfred wanted a Thailand map because he lives there.

I wanted to have the modern-day airfields but there were also WW2 training fields in this region too.
British pilots were trained at Terrell which is about 30 minutes drive east of Dallas. The museum at Love Field, Dallas also has good info about the region during that time period. Waco also had a large air base and Killeen now has modern-day Fort Hood, the largest military base in U.S. These are just some of the military airfields in this region.
So, all of those places would be interesting to have on a map.

I suppose the best way to do this is to be 1940s-50s era but with some modern-day airfields etc. splashed in. Modern-day skyscrapers and such would be too demanding. I'm not the best at map-making so my limitations may lead to some unsatisfaction.

One thing about the farm fields is that nowdays, yes, there are large farms with square fields with a mix of smaller irregular fields/pastures but in the 1940s there were many more smaller farms with smaller fields. The country was much more rural with a large percentage of the population being farmers. Even many of the small towns of today had larger populations than they do now.
Period aerial maps would help with this. I suppose I could make 2 maps.

Redwulf_32, If you want to do this, I'd be much obliged to you. I prefer a 1:1 scale. I can wait for however long it takes. I'm not in a rush. I actually thought about this project several months ago (I was waiting like a fool for someone else to make it haha!).

I was hoping someone else could make a Caucasus map since we really do need it. I thought Agracier would help with that but I guess he got busy with other projects. I could make an attempt at it but I need those necessary files to get started.
Thanks for your interest! :lol:

Link to my MEDIAFIRE downloads page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb9c2dafe61348e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb ... f6e8ebb871</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread