Map Preview - Straight of Hormuz

Fly! Wrote:Pretty map. Don't know about the size of the actors.static though. Canon' s is 3.51 MB and his map takes as long to load as the game==about 3:45 min.

Well, it's not a fast loading map, something around the time frame for Slovakia ... I didn't intend for it to be so large at first. But the villages and hamlets and other objects seemed to be swallowed up by a black hole.

I'd add 500k of objects on a relatively small area of land - Qushm Island for instance - start the map for a look around and it seemed empty and devoid of anything. The landscape is so vast - and I didn't really bother that much with the high mountains nor the plateau to the northeast - I kept on adding objects till it looked halfway decent and inhabited. Otherwise it would have been an empty landscape and nothing more.

Nice enough as a landscape, and varied too with many colorful variations according to location, but I think that standards and expectations for maps have evolved quite rapidly lately. A few houses dotting a landscape is not enough anymore.

I started this map about 5 months ago, but it was mainly by working with Kapteeni that I realized he had better ideas on how and to what degree to populate a map and knew some good techniques as well. For which many thanks.

Messages In This Thread