TIB:s Latest WIP: Middle-East 1947

TIB is proud to announce new map. It fills a big cap, namely Indepence war of Israel 1947-48 and Suez Crisis 1956.
Map will be come in several parts, because the Area was chancing rapidly between 1947 and 1956. We migh add 1967 war map too, but the palneset is not here, so...
Map is at early stage. Roads are there and the terrain looks amazing, Thank's to Agraciers amazing talent as a Deutchmark of mapmaking (lol).
Here is the area:
[Image: ed_M01_1947.jpg]
I have been in Israel as photographer. I used to live in Old town of Jerusalem at weird Hotel called New Imperial. It is located near Jaffa Gate. I must say that after New York, Jerusalem is the most freakiest place i've been. Populating Jerusalem and Israel is now possible with beautifull Objects of DLV and others. Besides we have now jets, so 1956 scenario is also possible to make. I was planning to make sc "frankenmap" by using Italy online, but this will look so much better. If there are somebody from Israel, i would preciate some help, because i can't understant hebrew.
SOME PERSONAL NOTES From Kapteeni:
My Grandmother did come from jewish family and i only discovered it, when i was addult. Her family did live in Viborg and St. Petersburg. That is all that i know...
She and her sister were only survivad members of the big family. Sister moved to Palestine at 20Confused and 30Confused and died in Israel way back in 70Confused. Never met her, which i'm sorry.

Life of my gradparents in Finland was hard during 30Confused and WW2, and they decited to keep grandmothers background as a secret. My grandfather used to be in Russian army and he did participated to Finnish Civil war as a underofficer in Finnish White Army. After that he became a pacifist and yet he had to see his son to go to war in Finnish army.

Son was even hospitalized to Germany after he was shot to knee by a sniper. His name was Samuel. but for some reason, during boat trip to Germany, name was changed to Samuli. He did see Hitler, when Fuhrer payed a visit at the Mil. Hospital where he was stationed. LOL!
So it is quite understandable that my grandmother wanted to keep her background as a secret from us kids.

This map has some special meaning to me and i want to make it as good as i possible can to honour my grandparents memory
kapteeni

Messages In This Thread