[Map request] MIG ALLEY map

agracier Wrote:OK guys ... here you go.
Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wd0xjm2x11x

Now, just to be clear - this is a basic map. It has but ONE texture at the moment, a standard lowland green. Very inappropriate for Korea, but I just choose a handy texture that everyone will have, used a standard load.ini, and deleted all entries except for the texture now showing. In the coming days, I'll put in more textures, assign textures to what i hope will be an appropriate colorscheme and type, maybe put in some roads, but from what I've seen on the on-line maps, North Korea is not amused when satellite imagery of their country is put on-line. So we'll see how that works out.

Anyway, this map is flyable. Take a spin in your Sabre, check out the relief and the rivers, get a feel for the landscape.

In the coming days I'll finish out the rest - texture the map, put in roads, jazz up the FMB map (which is always fun) and other odds and ends. From there on, it's up to someone else when it comes to populating, making cities, villages, airfields etc.

Making the map up till now took about 30 minutes for the map making process in GIMP and utilities. But the river system, rather extended took, about 4 hours, had to be drawn by hand ... and as you can see the Yalu is apparently no Rio Grande.

Place the folder 'ag_Korea' in this location:

...MODS/mapmods/maps/ag_Korea

and add this line to your all.ini:
ag_Korea ag_Korea/load.ini

Have fun and if anyone feels inspired to create anything for this map, please by all means do. I can always import objects from .mis (mission) files.

And any suggestions are always welcome ...
This amazing! You have soon covered the whole planet....

Messages In This Thread