MagTek_New Zealand; WIP

S! Ya'll...

Well, after touching up some things, and completing a bit of the map (a small bit, but a bit none the less) I thought I'd show ya'll what I've been pestering you folks for help with.

Gentlemen I bring you MagTek_New Zealand; WIP Smile

Why NZ you ask? Well simply its my homeland and I love it. She'll do a nice job for joy flights (practicing cross countries which will help me out a lot), not to mention squad training missions, and "what if" scenarios.

The map covers from slightly north of Christchurch, to south of Stewart Island, and is 914km by 914km.

Every airfield will be as accurate as I can get (from AIP dataplates), but based on modern day configurations (historical data is slim, and NZ airfields in the 40's... well, wouldnt be as many).

RAF_Sharkzz has very kindly offered his assistance with the making of accurate (or rather as close as the engine allow's) cities and townships.

There will be 14 mountain lakes featured, all will be usable for float aircraft (the two shown on the map C already are usable).

Already done are Stewart Island (and Ryan's Creek airfield), and Invercargill (NZNV) shown in the screenshots below, is nearing completion (and features 8 different vectors - 1 sealed runway, three grass rwy's)

[Image: MagTekC.jpg]

[Image: MagTekH.jpg]

After importing and before playing with any of the texture's I loaded the map up and did a cross country flight from Christchurch to Invercargill; this took 56 minutes, at 220 knots, at 10000 ft. Here you see a snippet of the southern alps. This is abeam Oamaru: (Thanks to vpMedia for the Mossie skin Wink)
[Image: MagTek_NZS.jpg]

I'm currently doing my diploma in aviation (which gives you a diploma and your commercial licence) at a place called Southern Wings, based at NZNV - here a RNZAF Corsair spawns outside of the Southern Wings hanger;
[Image: MagTekSouthernWings.jpg]

A RNZAF Corsair (skin by me; avail soon) lined up and waiting on rwy 22 at Invercargill Airport:
[Image: MagTekRWY22.jpg]

Approaching Stewart Island, with Mount Anglem featuring very prominently on the North east side of the Island;
[Image: MagTekStewartIsland.jpg]

Messages In This Thread