Calibrated USAAF/USN/LW Reticles v3.2 - with new F2A-2 sight

This mod adds new textures for every reflector gunsight reticle in every USAAF and USN fighter and bomber, and now every Luftwaffe fighter. In addition to the new textures, I've calibrated every reticle to its proper size by editing the meshes (most were correctly sized, but some were way off). I've also altered all of the reticle masks to prevent the reticles from showing through the cockpit with 6DoF, and I've changed most of the reticle masks to have more realistic projection areas. For version 3, I've added an improved Revi 16B mesh to all planes that mount that sight, and version 3.1 includes the Mk.III Mod 2 unity telescope on the F2A-2 Buffalo.

Several of these are guesses, like the P-38 sight and the 30 mil sight (should probably be 35 mils) on the Hawk 81A-2. They should be generally correct, though, and in any case they're still more accurate than the default reticles. I'm still constantly looking for more info, so if you have something that proves these wrong, send it my way.

Screenshots:
[Filefront ate all my before and after pics. I'll put them back up soon.]
[Image: th_MkIII_wide.jpg][Image: th_MkIII_gunsight.jpg][Image: th_MkIII_iron.jpg]
[Image: th_MkVIII_wide.jpg][Image: th_MkVIII_gunsight.jpg]

The cross of the K-14's fixed reticle is now visible even when the sight is set to "Gyro Only." The real sight has a lever on it that blanks out all of the reticle except for the cross, allowing you to see how much lead the sight is computing without cluttering up your view (this is, in fact, the preferred mode of operation). The real sight also had two gyro only modes (day and night, with the night setting fixing the range at 150 yards), so if you don't like having the cross visible there is an option included that restores the gyro-only mode. It would be possible to reprogram the plane and cockpit scripts to add the extra modes, but it would hurt compatibility for what is (for now) mostly a texture replacement.

DOWNLOAD:
Filefront
Mediafire

v.3.2 PATCH
Filefront
Mediafire

For those who like to tinker, my GIMP project files are here.

Messages In This Thread