Map help please

ok, send me map files ( zip/rar/7z compressed as much as can ... i'm on 56k still ) or upload it at rapidshare ( PM me link ) and i'll try to load it here .... art_zo[at]mail.inet.hr

Z

godverdoom Wrote:BTW Clean up your desktop
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RAF_Leigh Wrote:[Image: LEhawaii.jpg]

i swear my desktop was clean its all coop's that i DL last night

oh and the wallpaper is sunset on waikiki

check mail zo

RAF_Leigh Wrote:you sure the only flie or floder that start with L is the lib folder

i do have eventlog.l and eventlog.lst but they show nothing of what errors happend

this is really starting to piss me off Sad

maybe it is something you have to enable in conf.ini...IIRC

ok here is what i've found so far .....

1. map_h / map.t are in rgb mode ..... should be in 8bit grayscale (text compression off)

2 wrong dimensions of map_h/map_T/ed_map01/ed_map02

map_c is : 12928x8896 so divided by 4 should be 3232x2224

3 wrong color for water on map_T.tga

don't have time right now to fix them .... will try it later ....

cheers,
Z

thanks zo ill try and fix it tomorrow

Are you using Paint.net?

Is the paintbrush anti-aliasing turned off?

its all good now

it works map_f is off a bit but its getting there thanks for all your help so far Tongue

cool 8) ..... feels great when it finally appears in FMB after all trouble ... Big Grin

glad you've sorted it out

cheers,
Z

Cool that everything is OK. I remember my first attemps; always some erros when tryied to run my map in FMB. .. Without M8s here i would have stopped mapmaking. Once you get to handle the filestructure and different map_tgas you start to enjoy. It feels like first online kill!
"God i love the smell of perfectly dissected Map_c in mornings. It smells like... Victory! Keep up the good work! Big Grin
Cheers Kapteeni (Ruining maps since february :twisted: )

I'm having the same problem, I've used CW tuts on how to get the srts data into a greyscale image, for height and texture. I'm using photoshop elements to adjust the size and convert to greyscale for mpc,h,t. I've tried Gimp as well however when i save it as a tga file and try to disect it using the cmap tools it wont work. Anyway it will disect when saved using photoshop.

I create the actors.static using an existing one then deleting the stuff inside then putting back together. When I try to get it to load on FMB it gives me the same error message as RAF_leigh.

My C,H,T maps are all in greyscale and mapC is 4x bigger then then mapH, and mapt.

My question is, is my conversion to greyscale using photoshop stuffing everything up. Should I just use Gimp. I havent used Gimp all that much but is there options for the greyscale conversions that I dont know about.

This problem has been plaguing me for ages and just dont know what to do now.

every thing need to be in multiples of 32 so i think thats your problem

I re-did the map I'm working on using Gimp this time, Everything is in multiples of 32 greyscale except ed_m01 and 2(they are in RBG). Still I keep getting the same error message, so now I've given up. I must have done at least 45 versions and variations of the same map, still no go.

what exactly did you put in multiples of 32? This seems to be the most misunderstood part of the map making process.

In order for anything to work, the map_C's SIZE must be in multiples of 32. Not the grayscale, not the colour depth, not the number of shrimp per pound. For example, the map size could be 320x160, both width and height of the image size being a multiple of 32.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

MapC is in multiple of 32 along with map H and map T and all the others. My map c is 4x times the size of map h and t, so that instead of one pixel being 200m its 50m. I've done all that yet it still refuses to load. I have map i'm working on in winzip if anyone wants to take a look. I dont have the internet at my residence so it takes me a couple of days to reply.