Lessons for CUJO and Mandrill

bigbossmalone Wrote:Just a question re: point 3 - must i create a folder in il2root called maps, and a new folder inside that called myemptymap?

Yes that's it :wink:

oops...just realised i have a more fundamental problem - I used to have the unlocked FMB tools- lost in the great HD crash of 2008 - Cry
What do I use to unlock the FMB with now? The d/l link in the tools area is dead. :roll:

Go to first lesson and download what I linked, it includes the tools besides the Stalingrad files. Mapbuilder.rtf is the one needed for FMB map mode...

Thanks, low - i should have looked in there in the first place!! :oops:
Oh, I might skip class for the rest of today - can you believe I forgot some Christmas prezzies, and have to go and face the madness in the mall now.... Confusedhock: 8)

Lol, that's dangerous, take care :lol:

For steps 6 to 9 in lesson 2 you can do a bit more fun exercise: place a village texture and place some crop field around, place some houses on the village texture, place the treeline (you find it in furniture) here and there in the village. Place a town texture and near the industry texture. Place some town houses and some industry buildings and again some treeline on these textures. Create road between town and village. Create a little mountain somewhere and place mountain textures on it...add forest around the mountain, each 4 forest "insert' save it such that when game crashes you have some forest saved...
For the treeline to be visible you need to have forest=2 in conf.ini

lowfighter - thanks, I will plan on posting some progress screenshots for Stalingrad.

I've got some family in town so may not be until this weekend...

Sorry guys...been slammed with real life stuff!

Just wanted to send a note to lowfighter that I'll be working on this soon. Also trying to finish creating a campaign for Slovakia map.

Stalingrad will soon be top priority.

CUJO, no hurry :wink:
I think I'll post next lesson in a couple of days...

OK, this is officially WIP now. Please stay tuned.

If it is OK, I will ask questions and post screenshot updates in this thread. Sorry for the delay.

CUJO, I think it's better to start your own thread on Stalingrad, as for questions it's ok wherever you like. Hm, as you rework the objects and as Mandrill works on textures we might have some very nice result in the end! Big Grin

lowfighter Wrote:CUJO, I think it's better to start your own thread on Stalingrad, as for questions it's ok wherever you like. Hm, as you rework the objects and as Mandrill works on textures we might have some very nice result in the end! Big Grin

Yes...most definitely.

I was thinking possibly a summer and normal winter map, and then a winter_ruins map that included the destroyed ruins of Stalingrad.

lowfighter, I finally got around to reading your lessons and am about to experiment.

Can I trouble you for the "next lesson"? Also the lesson re splitting the actors.static?

Thx...

I use date stamping in file names a lot to keep track of different versions.
You just have to change the file reference in the load.ini to use the correct version.

Examples:

actors_master03-02.static ---- this is the complete actors file created 3rd February.
actors_small.static ---- actors with buildings removed
map_h27-01.tga ---- map_h created 27th Jan

You can use any naming system that suits you.

mandrill7 Wrote:lowfighter, I finally got around to reading your lessons and am about to experiment.

Can I trouble you for the "next lesson"? Also the lesson re splitting the actors.static?

Thx...

Heres a brief intro to actors splitting. I'm sure Low will do a better an more comprehensive version later.

viewtopic.php?p=143757#143757