New texs for winter maps ....

Last pictures: scenery looks excellent, but would look even better imo with a grey/green water color.

Murmansk: take care of putting no icing from murmansk city up to the sea, for the sake of historical purpose. Maybe a few patches of ice there, but no solid ice.

Looking forward to fly over your repaints !

One thing I do miss though is "snow depth" if you get what I mean!? Like in Norway or Finland the snow can be up to 1

[Image: Net2win-01.jpg]
That looks exactly like the English countryside does right now - cold, damp and bleak. CryCry Cry
Well done! :wink:

Superb ! Could you also include a winter version of Normandy ?

Cheers

Nico

This is really looking superb!

And the frozen/not frozen river - excellent!

I'm guessing that you could have "frozen" patches in the water, by messing with the map_c and assigning a specific "ice" texture to the resulting solid bits you've created in what would otherwise be "water".

Quote:Are you ok with map_t stuff? If not, PM me and I'll give you some pointers. And I recommend GIMP for handling greyscale in this instance

I finally found a way to handle it correctly within Photoshop Big Grin

Better than that : I work with greys as colors (easier to see what you do) then I can convert it correctly in grey... but that's right, photoshop can't handle right greyscale images so I finally use another simple (and free) prog. called Xnview to produce an accurate greyscale map_t picture.

I'll test that method with the normandy map_t which shows strange square patterns and needs to be corrected
(and PorcoRosso will be happy :wink: ).

GilB57 Wrote:Better than that : I work with greys as colors (easier to see what you do) then I can convert it correctly in grey... .

That's what I do. Paint the landscape in colours (green for forest, blue for sea etc) and then change to correct values.

GilB57 Wrote:(and PorcoRosso will be happy :wink: )

You bet I'll be happy ! And I'm sure I won't be the only one... The repetitive pattern of the Normandy map kills he immersion for me. The game is capable of making it look so much better...

Really looking forward to your new textures and Map_T files. Thank you very much !

Cheers

Nico

WIP on the Normandy winter map:

[Image: GW-Normandy01.jpg]

[Image: GW-Normandy02.jpg]

[Image: GW-Normandy03.jpg]

[Image: GW-Normandy04.jpg]

...A lot of work still to do (especially about road & rail placement that I still don't understand very well)!

Winter Normandy finally done 8)

2 PERIODS:

March : sun higher & nearly no snow....

[Image: Wnorm01-00.jpg]
Above Caen

[Image: Wnorm01-01.jpg]
St Gatien

[Image: Wnorm01-02.jpg]
Coast around Arromanche

[Image: Wnorm01-03.jpg]
Around Falaise

JANUARY, snowy but no thick layer (this one is not so realistic for western France but the texs made will be used in south Norway) :

[Image: Wnorm02-01.jpg]
La pointe du Hoc

[Image: Wnorm02-00.jpg]
South Carpiquet

[Image: Wnorm02-02.jpg]
English island

Released within a pack of 10 maps when Norway will be completed...

Stunning work!!!

B-Utiful ! Awesome !

I need to ask though : this is for Oleg's Normandy, isn't it ?

Cheers

Nico

WIP : winter Norway ....

South Norway:
[Image: GW-Norway01.jpg]

Banff airbase in the North of Scotland:
[Image: GW-Norway04.jpg]

A fjord in the middle of the map:
[Image: GW-Norway03.jpg]

A fjord in the north
[Image: GW-Norway02.jpg]

Islands near Gossen airbase :