Autumn Textures for BoB - WIP (update 03/10/08)

Just put these textures in and they look brilliant, I'm sure you are aware the tree lines run into the Thames and Coast, I can live with it but just a little feedback. And I also tried the colour corrected ones from fly_zo, just superb.

Keep the textures coming, its starting to make IL2 a little something special now.

Roll on bob_fields_2 & 3, well in fact do more of 'em.

(thumbs well and truly UP!)

cheers
Colin

these are amazinggggg! keep it upp Big Grin

ok, works, looks great BUT how do I avoid this:
[Image: 23607849ss0.jpg]

modify map_T.tga ..... must be some spots on water area ....

Z

No joy Sad

try map_h.tga ( maybe is elevation thing ) if no results then map_c.tga .... but that is rather complicated

Z

uhh I have no idea how to do these...Sad
maybe Canon could tell what the problem is and how to fix it..

Thank you letchik and fly_zo, between you two, you have made my year!!

[Image: grab0000-7.jpg]

[Image: grab0003-5.jpg]

[Image: grab0004-4.jpg]

[Image: grab0003-4.jpg]

[Image: grab0004-3.jpg]

[Image: grab0005-1.jpg]

Its just superb!

cheers fruitbat

reflected Wrote:uhh I have no idea how to do these...Sad
maybe Canon could tell what the problem is and how to fix it..

As far as I can tell the bob_fields_1.tree information isn't ignored when it's in water the way the non .tree files are. I've included .tree files for all my new MTO textures and I've just had to avoid those textures near water if I want to keep trees out of the water.

Can someone post a modified file?, so it can be easier to load the textures without the .ini editing?

Uhhh :S So what's the solution? Just not using them near water? Nothing else? Sad

the problem is that I replaced the new files by the original ones one by one, and none of them solved the problem, which is weird...can you please thell me which line stands for the part of the french coast just to the east of Dieppe, where there are no sand beaches? That must be one of the lowlands lines..that's the only info I need to solve it, but I just can't figure it out.. thanks in advnace!

I tried changing the load.ini for LAL_Rone's Normandy-DDay plus 2 weeks map to use these textures. They look really nice from low to mid altitudes, but from higher up, the complex pattern of the .tga looks very repetitious.
I really like fly's color changes.
I'm saving copies of the load.ini for each map I try this with, just in case, but I'm hopeful that these will continue to improve even more with each new version- great stuff!

Murph Wrote:I tried changing the load.ini for LAL_Rone's Normandy-DDay plus 2 weeks map to use these textures. They look really nice from low to mid altitudes, but from higher up, the complex pattern of the .tga looks very repetitious.
I really like fly's color changes.
I'm saving copies of the load.ini for each map I try this with, just in case, but I'm hopeful that these will continue to improve even more with each new version- great stuff!

to avoid repetition .... try not to have same texture applied for all neighbor slots ... change only some of them ... for example only ones with fields in name ...

[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/summer/rom_swamps2.tga
LowLand1 = land/summer/rom_fields_LowLand3.tga
LowLand2 = land/summer/rom_fields_LowLand1.tga
LowLand3 = land/summer/rom_LowLand0.tga

cheers
Z

reflected Wrote:b..can you please thell me which line stands for the part of the french coast just to the east of Dieppe, where there are no sand beaches? That must be one of the lowlands lines..that's the only info I need to solve it, but I just can't figure it out.. thanks in advnace!

That's not how it works. There's not a line for each area. Bascially map_t has pixels of different RGB values and each value corresponds to one of the lines in the load.ini. You'll just have to live with it Smile