Autumn Textures for BoB - WIP (update 03/10/08)

I don!t give up! Smile what if I modify that mp_t file, pick the rgb color for the sand beach, and draw a line between the sea, and the land.
If it can work, what editing program do you recommend to do it?

I used GIMP for map_t. The GreyScale RGB value for the beach is 31.

Where would the tree texture be typically inserted into the load.ini- I'm still playing with Normandy2, and I don't see a line reading "tree" in the load.ini.

damn..I drew a line of that colour along the french coast, and now when I want to open the map in fmb it crashes to desktopSad

Hehe, noob, when you save with gimp always do "save as" and then you'll have to uncheck the "rle compression" option. Never just click "save" with gimp. Good luck :wink:
BTW you can also paint the shore in FMB map mode, maybe it takes longer than working directly on map_T but it's fun sometimes to see how the land changes under your eyes...
reflected Wrote:damn..I drew a line of that colour along the french coast, and now when I want to open the map in fmb it crashes to desktopSad

I know what you mean reflected, spent 2 hours last night having a look at Canons excellent BoB map and the map t textures. Using various connotations of the Bob fields tga in the ini and editing the Map_t tga I got nowhere. The south coast of England is also prone to trees in the sea as well as on the white cliffs. The solent is particularly bad, you can see that it is pixel related when you look above the trees in FMB
Some good info in here though, so I'm going to have another look tonight.

I put these files in the right place...but I have not got differences.. Cry Cry Why?? :?:

OK, thanks for the save as hint. I did it, but it has no effect on the map. still no sand beaches. What is FMB map mod, and how can I place textures?

Alessio, you need to not only put the texture files in the right place, you also need to pick an appropriate map (i.e., Normandy or Bob) and modify the map's load.ini using notepad, instructing the game to use the textures for that map.
Check out fly_zo's post on page 2 for an example.

Hi all, been playing around with the new textures on fly_zo's normandy map, but want to play around with some other textures as well.

I've extracted the files for slovakia etc.. but i can't load about half of the TGA's, says wrong header???

Tried with both infraview and GIMP, but no joy, any ideas??

fruitbat

fruitbat Wrote:Hi all, been playing around with the new textures on fly_zo's normandy map, but want to play around with some other textures as well.

I've extracted the files for slovakia etc.. but i can't load about half of the TGA's, says wrong header???

Tried with both infraview and GIMP, but no joy, any ideas??

fruitbat

get tga converter :

(The link is inoperative)

regards
Z

Fly_zo, thanks again, but unfortunatley the link is dead now, do you know anywhere else i can get it?

fruitbat

fruitbat Wrote:Fly_zo, thanks again, but unfortunatley the link is dead now, do you know anywhere else i can get it?

fruitbat

huh, sorry didn't check it first .... must be bugs resolving issues

do PM me please and i'll explain other method you can use ....

cheers
Z

OK, I give up, switch back to you original textures, Canon, and "patiently" wait for the final release.
why?
1: the map_t thing didn't work. ok, I'm gonna try to live with trees in the water BUT

2: suddenly I got this, and as soon as I pressed print scr, it crashed to desktop.

[Image: errfn8.jpg]

reflected Wrote:OK, I give up, switch back to you original textures, Canon, and "patiently" wait for the final release.

You can have more autogenerated trees on my map without having to add new textures. Open up the load.ini file and replace the corresponding section with this:

[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/summer/rom_swamps1.tga,2
LowLand1 = land/summer/rom_fields_LowLand1.tga
LowLand2 = land/summer/sk_LowLand4_fields.tga
LowLand3 = land/summer/rom_fields_MidLand1.tga

MidLand0 = land/summer/sk_LowLand5_fields.tga
MidLand1 = land/summer/sk_LowLand3_fields.tga
MidLand2 = land/summer/sk_midland4.tga
MidLand3 = land/summer/sk_LowLand0.tga

Mount0 = land/summer/rom_mount0.tga
Mount1 = land/summer/sk_fields_mount2.tga,2
Mount2 = land/summer/rom_LowLand0.tga
Mount3 = land/summer/rom_swamps1.tga

Country0 = land/Pacific/fields_kevtungatt2.tga
Country1 = land/summer/whitechalk.tga,2
Country2 = land/summer/rom_fields_MidLand0.tga
Country3 = water/rom_fields_Beach.tga,2

You'll need to have Forests=3 in your conf.ini but then you'll see big forests on my original textures.

Joe