hawaii request for talented mapmaker

dunkelgrun Wrote:
Thrud Wrote:i admire everyone's passion concerning the map. What one has to think about when investing the time and resources into making this map is the return on the investment.
The map is only good for a one day battle and the replayability is small. If the makers are ok with this, i look forward to see your quality and accuracy (within the limits of the game engine)

Before the days of SEOW my squad played a hand-built campaign on the Hawaii map, which began with the Japanese landing on Niihau and Kauai the day after the initial attack. If you have a look at the forces available to both sides at the time it makes for a fascinating scenario. Once the Japanese capture the two airstrips on Kauai, an island that had next to no defences, do the US have enough ships and troops to kick them off again? Have the Japanese enough transports and equipment to consolidate their gains? Do they launch a third wave against Hawaii? Loads of stuff to ponder Smile.

:cheers:

viewtopic.php?p=193190#193190

Don't forget to make an ed_map_t.tga.... by copying your map_t.tga and renaming it.... this helps with the movement of ships in the coastal areas and up wide rivers

fabianfred Wrote:Don't forget to make an ed_map_t.tga.... by copying your map_t.tga and renaming it.... this helps with the movement of ships in the coastal areas and up wide rivers

Could you elaborate a bit more on this? It's something I've never heard of yet.

Does it go like this in the load.ini:

[MAP2D]
ed_m0_t.tga
ed_m02.tga
ed_m01.tga

in the load.ini it is usually like this... no need to add..

[MAP2D]
ed_m01.tga
ed_m02.tga

[TMAPED]
ed_map_t.tga

but you need to make the tga in the map folder...copy the map_t.tga and rename it to ed_map_t.tga

fabianfred Wrote:in the load.ini it is usually like this... no need to add..

[MAP2D]
ed_m01.tga
ed_m02.tga

[TMAPED]
ed_map_t.tga

but you need to make the tga in the map folder...copy the map_t.tga and rename it to ed_map_t.tga

Thanks - I still have to see what kind of effect it gives, but in any case the map loads and works fine with the new ed_map_t added ...

with my Burma map it allowed ships to travel further up some of the large rivers from the coast... and to go between some islands which wasn't possible before

fabianfred Wrote:with my Burma map it allowed ships to travel further up some of the large rivers from the coast... and to go between some islands which wasn't possible before
Whoaa! That is new to me. Gotta try it ASAP

fabianfred Wrote:with my Burma map it allowed ships to travel further up some of the large rivers from the coast... and to go between some islands which wasn't possible before

That is very useful ... and apparently so easy to make ... this is going to be a standard on maps I should think ...

an example......

[Image: 1008200816-21-20.jpg]

Thanks for the Tip with the ed_map_t.tga, it is a little bit better now!

By the way, may I introduce you to Ford Island:

First a painting showing the historical situation (converted from a photo)
[Image: pam_0071.jpg]

an now Ford Island on the map:

[Image: 3005200913-56-49.jpg]

flight over Ford Island: 7th Dec, 1941, 6:00 am

[Image: 3005200918-07-31.jpg]

Ford Island looks great!

I cannot wait for this map....... and a realistic mission for it. :lol:

I played my old map/mission yesterday....with the new Battle sounds mod......awesome!... and great with the burning buildings mod and slow sink times for ships too..

as soon as it is released, i will build the most realistic mission of dec 41 you can imagine Big Grin

Love Ford Island. Lookin' forward to this one.