(4.09)Burma.....WIP

Looking forward to seeing pics of your WIP, CzechTexan Big Grin

Here are some pics of allied airfields in India and the Arakan. Most views are looking north...

FENI
[Image: Feni.jpg]

CHITTAGONG
[Image: CTG.jpg]

CHARINGA
(Debating on whether or not to have steel mat plates in parking area and taxiways as described IRL. As far as I know these were not used before 1944)
[Image: Charinga.jpg]

GEORGE fighter strip near Nidania on coast
[Image: George.jpg]

HOVE emergency strip on the beach, south of GEORGE strip (looking south)
[Image: Hove.jpg]

MAUNGDAW NORTH
[Image: MaungdawNorth.jpg]

MAUNGDAW SOUTH
[Image: MaungdawSouth.jpg]

JAPANESE airfields (during most of the war)
Some of these I have photos or descriptions of but most I do not have any information so I used my imagination.

HLEGU / ZAYATKWIN, near Rangoon
[Image: Hlegu.jpg]

TAUKKYAN (the scenic strip mentioned earlier)
[Image: Taukkyan.jpg]

SHWEBO
[Image: Shwebo.jpg]

ONBAUK
[Image: Onbauk.jpg]

MEIKTILA
[Image: Meiktila.jpg]

THEDAW
[Image: Thedaw.jpg]

PAYAGYI
[Image: Payagyi.jpg]

YE
[Image: Ye.jpg]

Neat use of the Imphal main tile!

Nice work!

I learned how to "paint" textures on map_T and have been experimenting with that.
Thank you MrOblongo for changing up the map to show the wood/trees. I learned some things from that. I've been painting trees where before I had none and painting grasslands where before there were dark green forest textures.

There's much more jungle/trees now on the western coast and more grassland on the Shwebo plains and Myintha River valley. I think I'll leave the southern region as-is even though some fields may look repetitive.

Also deleted trees that were in the rivers, especially in the central part of map.
Painted a one-pixel border around the edge of map so "infinity" will look uniform.
Added 3 airfields to Akyab island; did I mention that already?
Populated some towns, Chittagong, Mandalay, and some smaller ones.
Added some more seaplane bases on the west coast.

Map looks totally different now.

asheshouse Wrote:Maps looking nice.

It may be worth telling folks that they should load the new objects from Fabianfreds Thailand map
In fact load his entire map if you dont have it. Its great.
viewtopic.php?p=99646#99646
This in turn needs LAL Rhones Hanger Mod and Canons Channel map objects.
Without all of those it may not load.

Got the map into FMB Mission Editor but couldn't save a mission. Maybe its just me.
Are there any bridges on the map? Without a few bridges saving missions doesn't work, for some reason.

I will enjoy flying this.

PS --- The missing bridges are the problem. I added one of each type to the actors.static and now the missions save ok.

Can you explain the bridges thing with a little more detail, cos i cant save any mission on this.

Nice to hear that from you Texan!, i noticed the trees on the river too late to remove them myself...did it lately and also added even more tress. I think it would mess your map if you use my map_t, so ill just wait to see how yours is doing it :lol: .

Any chance for another BETA?

I don't think I'll use your new MapT because I've done too much with the present one now. I've been using those maps from the university of Texas to see where the forests are. By the way, that book you referred me to about the RAF Regiment has given me more information than I thought it would (after reading it). Thanks!

I wonder if anyone else is having problems with saving missions. That problem is most likely caused by not having some type of MODs object. I've only used MODS that were included in the UI 1.1 so if you have that you should have everything I use.

(the three bridges are on the map, south of Ye, lower right corner of map).

Here are some screenies...

View of Hove beach airfield looking north. George airfield is in the background.
[Image: Hove.jpg]

Over Indin, Mayu Peninsula (west coast) where several battles were fought for control of the area...
[Image: Indin.jpg]

View of Chittagong looking east...
[Image: CTGeast.jpg]

View of Chittagong looking south. CTG airfield in upper right corner...
[Image: CTGnorth.jpg]