ACTORS STATIC !!!

Ok, i received instructions for modding long waited actors bugger Big Grin

They are just first draft and there are some problems with larger maps ( actors files).Now, we didn't sure is that related to our inadequate computers or ...

So anyone who would be so kind and participate in testing please let me know

Conditions are the same as they were with map_c.tga!!!!

thanks in advance

Z

Hey, that's fantastic news! Count me in Zo. And thanks to the authors 8) 8) 8) :!: :!: :!:

well i know that im only new at this but if you need help ill be glad to do it

lowfighter Wrote:Hey, that's fantastic news! Count me in Zo. And thanks to the authors 8) 8) 8) :!: :!: :!:

thx, check your mail m8 Big Grin

Z

RAF_Leigh Wrote:well i know that im only new at this but if you need help ill be glad to do it

welcome aboard m8 Big Grin

... do check your mail , please

Z

Hi fly_zo

could I go with you ? I'm going step by step wiith my Provence + Corsica map... it would help.

Thank you.

delvpier Wrote:Hi fly_zo

could I go with you ? I'm going step by step wiith my Provence + Corsica map... it would help.

Thank you.

sure m8 .... mail has been sent ...

Z

This community is really the best I've ever seen...

Zo, where are we to give feedback about it, here or via email? !

lowfighter Wrote:Zo, where are we to give feedback about it, here or via email? !

here would be fine, m8 .... brain storming he,he .... Big Grin

Z

Ok, here we go:
followed instructions, then opened FMB, loaded net1winter map. Selected all things on an airfield and deleted. Then clicked "save". Got the following message:

Actors save to 'maps/net1winter/actors.static' FAILED: maps/net1winter/actors.static (the system cannot find the path specified)

So of course nothing was saved in the folder "il2root/maps" I created according to instructions.

I mean the whole thing is fabulous (inserting different texture regions, modifying elevation), but what's up, what am I doing wrong?!

The other thing: when I tried to open some other maps like murmansk and stalingrad, the game crashed with a windows like error message about memory, maybe for bigger maps it sucks a lot of memory when loading?

lowfighter Wrote:Ok, here we go:
followed instructions, then opened FMB, loaded net1winter map. Selected all things on an airfield and deleted. Then clicked "save". Got the following message:

Actors save to 'maps/net1winter/actors.static' FAILED: maps/net1winter/actors.static (the system cannot find the path specified)

So of course nothing was saved in the folder "il2root/maps" I created according to instructions.

I mean the whole thing is fabulous (inserting different texture regions, modifying elevation), but what's up, what am I doing wrong?!

The other thing: when I tried to open some other maps like murmansk and stalingrad, the game crashed with a windows like error message about memory, maybe for bigger maps it sucks a lot of memory when loading?

... try make brand new folder for map ( like my BoB) with all map files in ( not just modded ones)
add it to all.ini + filelist.....

... eh memory error is what troubling us with bigger maps ... that is why i started this thread ... to define is it our computers or something needs to be changed .... test version eh

Want to say thank's for the efforts guys. Map modding is hard Fly zo Wink But we really apreciatte the efforts!

Thanks Zo, I'll try this after noon beer session :wink:
The instructions does not mention anyting like this, they only mention creation of a folder "il2root/maps" :?

How much RAM do you have? I have 1 GRAM

fly_zo Wrote:
lowfighter Wrote:Ok, here we go:

... try make brand new folder for map ( like my BoB) with all map files in ( not just modded ones)
add it to all.ini + filelist.....

... eh memory error is what troubling us with bigger maps ... that is why i started this thread ... to define is it our computers or something needs to be changed .... test version eh

its is really good deleted lost of things and got rid of differnet textures but i saved it the got out of the game played a bit of bf2 then i went back on and it changed back to normal with none of the airfields gone so hmm i dunno what happend.