What remaining maps need to be made?

The Pacific/Far East theatre has been neglected most, so I would say more maps for these areas are most needed. Some suggestions:
Luzon
Leyte
Northern Malaya and Southern Thailand (we already have Southern Malaya and Singapore)
Borneo
Southern Sumatra with West Java, plus a map of Bali with East Java (these in case 1C releases the CW-21B after all...... highly unlikely I admit)

So, as a way to teach myself all these tools and great things I'm attempting to create a Truk Lagoon map. It would be fun for some carrier based strikes in '44 and '45 (US Navy and British Pacific Fleet).

I've already have the SRTM data, I crated a map_c.tga and map_c.tga_table, greyscale map for heights (using the RGB_vs_haetur.txt file for reference and such).

Still, no luck loading it in the FMB, so do not hold your breath on this one! If I get it to work, I'll open a WIP thread with pics and such.

'Onya lads... a good list started Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

It will be nice if have Warsaw map Smile

two that ring a bell for me is to finish italy, and a remake of africa... we need more land mass with africa.

Beyond that, how about a finish of New Guinea? Like the total north western half of it?

Jawbrkr Wrote:two that ring a bell for me is to finish italy, and a remake of africa... we need more land mass with africa.

Beyond that, how about a finish of New Guinea? Like the total north western half of it?

I can give a hand concerning Italy, not for map-mod but for give suggestion and feedback about correction of profile shape, real ground textures about different area, city nanes and their correct placement - As the default Italy map is really way out/uncorrect about all those charateristic 8)

Greece,Leyte

Decent New Guinea. The area we have now is only situable for 1942 (and the airfields near Buna were made later in 1943 by the US forces). Basically the one we have is fucked up.

Burma/China: Most of the combat took place way northern than what we have now in the map.

Bay of Biscay...

Historically,geographically and topographically accurate campaign map Scheldt-Ardennes-Rhineland-Saarland. Most important Autumn/Winter 1944-45, but could be fun for spring 1940.
I am so glad to hear of someone working on Truk.
I second Philippines, Borneo-Sumatra, Kharkov.
What about a campign scale map for Western Approaches Atlantic for the Anti-shippers.
Ireland, Cornwall, NW France.
Man you guys give me so many ideas I can't begin to list or I have difficulty stopping.

GOGOGO

von Kopfdorfer

DONT FORGET ABOUT POLAND!!! But with Kepno and Baranov (my home is Baranov near Kepno)!

I've always wanted to do a Gates of Msokow - how about Moscva?

Hi..

And don"t forget SPAIN.. good playground for BF109B.. and others..

And map for BoF with at least 200 km south of Sedan area around St Dizier / Troyes as many groupss of french fighter or also BEF was on airfield around Reims and more south landstrip.

How about expanding the Balaton map to include Budapest?

We need Tatooine and the Death Star. Also models of X-Wing and TIE.

This is all possible now, isn't it?