NTL_Darwin WIP

Ok,

This is the thread where I'll put WIP pics of the map I'm currently working on. Basically it's an approx. 120km x 120km map of the top end, built specifically for intercept/scramble type missions against the attacking Japanese.

"To Do" list
Sattler Airstrip
Complete plotting Sturt Hwy & railway
more custom textures
Custom objects
Better ingame map
more to come..

Cheers, Neil Smile

Some pics for now:

[Image: ss1.jpg]
[Image: ss2.jpg]
[Image: ss3.jpg]
[Image: ss4.jpg]
[Image: ss5.jpg]
[Image: ss6.jpg]

WOW. Are these all your own textures?

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Neil,

That is impressive, looks atmospheric just from the screen grabs!

CW

Quote:WOW. Are these all your own textures?

Some are standard textures that have had their hues adjusted and saved/named as new texs. I'll be creating more new custom tex for new/cloned objects and terrain as the need arises.

Quote:That is impressive, looks atmospheric just from the screen grabs!

Your idea to use the height map to distribute terrain types is a great idea, totally transformed the map, Thanx M8 8)

Cheers, Neil Smile

At this rate, we'll cover the whole Pacific theater in a few months :lol:

Great job m8!

Neil,

No problem, anything that makes the task easier is my motto Smile

Wish I had your knack with textures Neil.

CW

Wow! That's incredible dude!

I have this book:

[Image: DAWbook.jpg]

Which has some nice images of the various strips used - I can give you some scans if needed Wink

I have one question for you - is there enough room at the top of the map for the Japanese raiders to start from, and for the Commonwealth aircraft to be able to intercept them over Darwin?

No457_Squog Wrote:I have this book... Which has some nice images of the various strips used - I can give you some scans if needed Wink

Any pics of the area will be tremendous help, thanx for your offer. Smile

Quote:I have one question for you - is there enough room at the top of the map for the Japanese raiders to start from, and for the Commonwealth aircraft to be able to intercept them over Darwin?

Not really, but there's enough distance to bung a carrier far enough away that it doesn't pound Darwin into the next millenium for the opposing flights to land on. (funny watching tha AI try to put Betty's on deck)
Will put a Sea plane Icon out there too.

For now this is primarily a trial for proof of concept for the much bigger map that I plan to create.

Cheers, Neil Smile

8) 8) 8)

Another one I'm following with interest and anticipation.

Cheers NEIL,looks Fantastic!!!!! Big Grin

That's amazing! I was really surprised when the first pics appeared. You've done great work with the textures, especially the colours.

Already has “atmosphere” very good work.

Crikey! Confusedhock:

Amazing stuff. Never ever thought I'd see the day. Smile

Sweeeet!!!

Another map added to my ''to watch'' list :wink: