Battle of Britain 'Online' Map WIP

Bloody good effort!

It's really exciting to have some of the most talented contributors to the IL2 series working on this stuff, and so obviously enjoying the new possibilities. Great work. I'm literally salivating over this.

Big Grin

SG4_Loku that looks fantastic, hopefully it can be used Confusedhock: Big Grin

I think there is some healthy competition between the map builders that seems to be speeding them up. :wink: Nice.

Its getting hard to keep up with to be honest Smile

Ok, thread has been cleaned from all off topic posts .... lets keep it that way from now on

Anyone who may have problem with that .... please start new thread and we will discuss it

....any off topic post in here will be deleted!

canonuk, you may proceed .... Big Grin

regards,
Z

I really like the screenshots, the cliffs have the right color but I also like fly_zo's Normandy mod - it will be cool to have more options when it comes to BoB.

Does anyone have any maps/drawings/aerial views of the following Luftwaffe airfields:

Cherbourg-Theville

Caffiers

Audembert

Berck

Many thanks Smile

Canon,

Found getting hold of aerial photos of airfields a big problem, even rough sketches are thin on the ground.

CW

Yeah, I noticed. Big Grin

Do you know how to add an airfield that doesn't have a texture? SO just a rough strip, sort of like the MTO airfields are.

Joe

Canon,

I think you can, its like putting down an invisible runway so the game recoognises it as a landing/takeoff arwea. Not sure how though, something in the objects file? Booze is our objects expert, and being in the US, he will be in bed at this time!

CW

using the FMb tool you can make an airstrip using the runaway icons and taxiing points etc.....without actually laying down any ground plates......so landing and take-off and taxiing will be a bit bumpy

or just lay down the invisible plates

Thanks, I'll try that.

If you lay down invisbile plates, how do you know their orientation?

ClockWatcher Wrote:Canon,

Found getting hold of aerial photos of airfields a big problem, even rough sketches are thin on the ground.

CW

Clockwatcher -- Try looking here http://www.anciens-aerodromes.com/

All in French (which I speak a little). Site is incomplete but there are a number of old airfield plans.
There are also a number of links to other sites which I haven't had a chance to follow up yet.

---- There is so much overlap in what we are doing that it will make sense to collaborate where we can. The detailed layout of our ground maps will be different but perhaps we can collaborate on airfield models? I think it is now possible to add discrete models by pasting directly into actors.static but I've not tried this yet.

So far I am still slogging through the ground model and have just made a single generic airfield which I have copied to a few different locations. Bridge building is the current priority, now up to 200 bridges and only just over half way.

Asheshouse,

It makes a lot of sense to collaborate, you, Canon, Booze and myself. There is much duplication of effort, and although we all have different approaches and want to add a little "flavour" of our own, much is very generic across all our maps. I know Booze is ameniable to this possability.

What say you Canon?

Oh, and Ashes, thanks for th link.

CW