Italy Africa Greece in Work

I saw that there are several maps that deal with specific areas of the various wars in the Mediterranean.
I work under a map even if not exaggerated details can have different uses in the game.
Keeping the main points affected by wars carried out in the field extends the field of action in a variety of solutions.

[Image: a_35.jpg]

Some details of the area and Bomba idroscalo and airport.

[Image: a_36.jpg]

[Image: a_37.jpg]

My God! That is a huge task. If you can build it, it will be truly amazing. Good luck! :wink:

Amazing!! Really love it! But is possible to chort a bit the empty areas of the desert to add El Alamein and Alexandria??

As far as I can see, this is a 1/4 scale map...
Maybe a historical 1/1 scale map with a smaller area would be better...

Map

I saw that many of you produce maps scale 1 / 1 and I wanted to make a map with less specific but broader area of action.
Is a test to see the limits of management map.
Thanks.

well why not having one 1/4 scale and few 1/1 of same territory... all used in same campaign ...1/4 for recco , transfer and long bomber missions and 1/1 for more detailed missions ( specific battles)

IMHO this will be very useful map .... Big Grin

Z

Personally I favour 1:1 scales but I am "cheating" a bit with Northeast France, at the edges to squeeze in the odd extra airfield.

Maybe though you could get the plane modders to produce some planes at 1:4 scale to match the map :lol:, -- and then all we have to do is set the game speed to 1/4.

It's an interesting project though. I will look forward to seeing how it develops.

Well I really like how his 2D map looks.

About fudging or cheating distances, in some cases it is favorable to do so because all you really need to cover is a few extra km like Ash points out, to get that extra airfiel or point of interest in.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Nice usage of an airfield plate in non-airfield area Redfox! Big Grin

well, good luck, cause it's a massive work waiting for you, you will even have nightmares about it!

i'm also for a 1/1 (or 0.95/1 Big Grin ) maps, it allows to take the advantage in coop on ennemy fighters with shorter range

anyway, the most african WW2 airfields were simply wide hardened sand tracks with some parking areas next to them. Also, the use of palms is rather :? ...especially if you want to use a lot of them, it's gonna make the map much too heavy for solo-missions or coops on the actual "standard" computers.
Don't try to put too much details on it, try to play with the textures to give some viual references and eye-details.
on my little 320*250km tobruk map, i've almost reached the magic 10000 objects numbers and it's still not finished!

Anyway: the bomba:desertic,no trees, a simple flat sand area and a wide and long track (+/-2.5km)

[Image: tob5.jpg]

ps: on this maps, the main textures are from the last MTO map, plus some other textures added.

Very good. But why not 1:1 scale?

I am a big believer that the most important step in accomplishing any task is to properly scope the project.

IMHO, you would be far better off to break this map up into more manageable components.

I think you might be doing the impossible man... waste of time, it can't be done.. FPS will be snail pace once ground objects and trees are in play... Also, plane amounts will be very small, no bomber formations...

Good luck...

TS

Very nice indeed.

Tigershark Wrote:I think you might be doing the impossible man... waste of time, it can't be done.. FPS will be snail pace once ground objects and trees are in play... Also, plane amounts will be very small, no bomber formations...

Good luck...

TS

... i believe that was said for Slot also... just few months ago , and look now :wink:

maybe he can pull this off , i sure hope so

Z