Italy Africa Greece in Work

Do not try the impossible.
I try to make a playable map and detailed enough without compromising the FPS.
Important is thinking that the game is a simulator of aircraft and held for the maximum time in flight.
For the problem of attaching bomber as a screen and can be seen off in parallel runway more formations.
However, I thank the comments always useful.

[Image: a_40.jpg]

fly_zo Wrote:... i believe that was said for Slot also... just few months ago , and look now :wink:
maybe he can pull this off , i sure hope so
Z

I hear ya' buddy, but here are some things to keep in mind. The Slot Covers 18,600 miles of the earth's surface. This map would be orders of magnitude more.

The Slot currently has over 10,000 objects in it, with the default Crimea Map containing over 60,000, so The Slot is really a "lightweight" when it comes to object count. It also contains no roads, bridges, large cities, ports, or rail networks. The map proposed here has all of this, in spades.

Don't mis-read me here, I am not being negative, I would just hate to see someone "bite off more than can be chewed".

well good luck and patience man, you'll need it

I love what he is trying to do here.. Very commendable.
Will this be one huge playable map, or is it going to be in seperate segments??

Scaled maps are a great idea.

Cheers, Neil Smile

That is where good campaigns come in.... taking you from one map to another

FA_Cheech Wrote:
fly_zo Wrote:... i believe that was said for Slot also... just few months ago , and look now :wink:
maybe he can pull this off , i sure hope so
Z

I hear ya' buddy, but here are some things to keep in mind. The Slot Covers 18,600 miles of the earth's surface. This map would be orders of magnitude more.

The Slot currently has over 10,000 objects in it, with the default Crimea Map containing over 60,000, so The Slot is really a "lightweight" when it comes to object count. It also contains no roads, bridges, large cities, ports, or rail networks. The map proposed here has all of this, in spades.

Don't mis-read me here, I am not being negative, I would just hate to see someone "bite off more than can be chewed".

From my humble missions and template building experience :
...if you are concerned about FPS ..... global map number of objects is not so much of an issue as is too many different object at the specific areas, and main FPS killer are number of bridges and airbases ( targets that game need to calculate ) per map .

And judging by screenshots here author has already put a lot of effort in that map .... so i doubt he will quit easily

I'm not looking for argue here ..... just sad that more support hasn't been showed

Z

why not divide the map in 4 four different pieces and 1:1 scale?

In any case he has my support, I was waiting for years for such a map.

I remember, not too long ago, some thought the "Slot" would be impossible.

duffys tavern Wrote:I remember, not too long ago, some thought the "Slot" would be impossible.

Cheech already said that, Slot is very big map but it's mostly water and with minimum of objects. That's why you can get top quality and big map.Map of the same size in mountain region would be much more demanding on PC.

In case of this Mediterranean map chances are big that author will have to choose between the size of the map and quality ( level of details in bases, cities etc.). Perfect example is Slovakia map which is much smaller than this Mediterranean map but due to playability reasons object count will be reduced in final version.

All of that doesn't mean that author shouldn't make this map. If it turns out that map is too big it can be easily divided in smaller sections so work will not be lost.

FC

looks fantastic! keep up the good work

FA_Cheech Wrote:I hear ya' buddy, but here are some things to keep in mind. The Slot Covers 18,600 miles of the earth's surface. This map would be orders of magnitude more.

Actually this map is much smaller than The Slot, from the picture the author posted you can see it is
only about 300 km wide. It's not a 1:1 scale map, it's a 1:4 scale version of the Mediterranean.

So it's feasible, concerning size. About the objects count, things are differents, there are maybe one hundred airports in that area, maybe 1000 cities, towns and villages, so something must be simplified or omitted.

Still I wonder if the result is worth the effort...

Maraz

Of course it's worth the effort.. There are many that are waiting for a map like this.. It just is another factor that is going to extend the life of this game..

Seriously man, you should really just focus on the north africa part of your map... Do everything you have included except for italy and greece... you would be doing yourself a favor..

Keep a bit of water and such, for shipping... But thats about it...
Italy and greece could be done as a seperate project....

TS

Why? I really like his layout, remember the old pilot addagio? Hours of boredom and seconds of panic, the more boredom, with this way we can save the boring part