[Image: d-livingstone.jpg]

8)

Thanx Squog. Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

Some new pics. 8)

Cheers, Neil Smile

[Image: IJN-Darwin.jpg]

[Image: Darwin.jpg]

Wow Squog,that second scan is great..i looked for hours for exactly that..good score Smile

Neil the town area looks great man,nice colours,very 'Territory bush'.The layout of the area underneath that pic with the Japanese b5n..dude..it looks great! very sparse and dry.So far you have captured it pretty damn well Big Grin

Incredible work Neil. Really looking forward to this one. Smile

Wow :!: :mrgreen:

Neil,

Looking good, looking VERY good! Out of curiosity, what object have you been using for your piers?

CW

ClockWatcher Wrote:........ Out of curiosity, what object have you been using for your piers?

CW

Sea Floor?(sp?), bloody things. Would be real nice to have long draw distance versions of these and some other things Wink. Always annoys me seeing those pop-up.

Thanx for the kind words all Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

Wow, looks geat!

As I am ex 75SQN I cant wait to fly the top end, I spent (and drank :lol: ) a lot of very good years in the top end, very fond memories for me.

Off topic but back in the late eighties in one of the WWII era troop huts you could still see the damage in the rafters from Jap strafing

75 squadron...those beautiful Mirages Smile

Neil i have been mucking around trying to fashion the main bunker but i really lack a correct top for it,it is probably a bit too large overall but the top is the killer.Might give you a few ideas anyway mate Smile

[Image: bunker3.jpg]

[Image: bunker2.jpg]

[Image: bunker1.jpg]

Thx Ajay,

Gives me a good idea of what's needed Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

That fighter map has an intersting tidbit. Tindal is spelt with TWO L's. It is now and has been for thirty years spelt with 1 L. For those who dont know, Tindal (then "under construction") is now Australia's premiere fighter base, home of 75SQN, and was named after the first RAAF officer killed in Darwin. The airmans club at Tindal is called the Latham Club, named after the first RAAF airman killed in Darwin. I met the parents of LAC Latham who came up to Tindal from Gipsland in Victoria for the official reopening of Tindal, I think it was 1988.

[Image: tindalre6.jpg]

Nice bit of info ElecFitter

Ajay Wrote:[Image: bunker3.jpg]
Hey, that reminds me of the concrete constructions of the "early audio warning systems" somewhere along the British coast. (Was featured on a BBC programme)

Neil, looking great. Big Grin

I just bought a book from the WA Maritime Musuem entitled "Wrecks in Darwin Waters"

It deals fairly heavily with the locations of ships during the japanese attack and thier subsequent salvage. I just noticed a section detailing a barracks and AAA defences as well as 4" and 9.2" naval guns covering the harbour and the anti submarine boom.

If need be I can scan it into PDF format and mail it to you?

Let me know