again about map tools distribution policy

I think we would be more friendly if we give the tools to anyone which is asking for them, without demanding any "proof" that the person is "serious" or "capable" about map moding.

lowfighter Wrote:I think we would be more friendly if we give the tools to anyone which is asking for them, without demanding any "proof" that the person is "serious" or "capable" about map moding.

Please , discuss that with authors via PM ......

please respect their wishes .... without tools we would still be swapping textures and call it modding.

For now that is not matter of community desire so please do not turn this into some kind of petition ....

Tools are NOT AAA property ..... they are given to us for using not to publicly distribute

If authors change their policy ....they will let me know

thanks,

Z

Ok, I will discuss...

The current rules dont seem to be causing a problem to anyone.
At least no complaints are being posted.

The "proof" normally provided is in the form of postings of map extracts showing areas of interest and maybe a start on processing SRTM data or a start on map_c

Anyone wanting to get involved in map making needs to go through these steps anyway, so is there really a problem?

Maybe a recent new starter could comment?

asheshouse Wrote:The current rules dont seem to be causing a problem to anyone.
At least no complaints are being posted.

The "proof" normally provided is in the form of postings of map extracts showing areas of interest and maybe a start on processing SRTM data or a start on map_c

Anyone wanting to get involved in map making needs to go through these steps anyway, so is there really a problem?

Maybe a recent new starter could comment?

exactly right ....
....and anyway when i do send tools to average user (nothing wrong intended here) i usually must answer questions regarding Microdem and srtm first .... mod structure .... load.ini's .... for which you don't need tools anyway . Questions regarding tools came always after basic has been learned.

There is wrong perception that tools means some kind of map editor .... user friendly application , and when they receive them , half of them give up . I do distribute them from day one so i do know what i'm talking here .

Ask Prodigy , him i really gave hard time before tools ..... but for that he will get any help and advice he needs from me .... step by step if needed .

Again..... we can't decide for things we didn't make (tools). You can't force me which way i want to distribute my mods..... so why forcing authors of tools ?

this whole practicing of democracy fails at one point :tools are not public property .

regards,
Z

befor you ask i have send fly about 10 or more pm