Battle of France Map - Part 2 - WIP

I like the upper one. Not so repetative!

asheshouse Wrote:Here is an amendment with the concrete surface darkened using Fabianfred's textures.
Not sure which I prefer. The repeating pattern is fairly strong using these.

[Image: Screenshot-37.jpg]

that was my old texture..the new one is a little lighter...but more even...same name same place...I overwrote the old file

Thanks. I should have checked for updates before installing it :oops:

asheshouse Wrote:Thanks. I should have checked for updates before installing it :oops:

well anyway...the one I made is a global replace of all......you can make it into a seperate item....but either way....to see my version...users need my modded files installed too....so they need to be a part of the map pack

Looks better, now that I've used fabianfred's latest concrete plate textures.
Also added Dover Castle (courtesy of Caen). It slightly smaller than Dover but not by much.
Time to move on to the next harbour.

[Image: Screenshot-38.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-39.jpg]

brilliant solution m8 ..... fantastic Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Z

This is looking good mate!

Yeah, that looks muuuuuch better. Onya m8 Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

Looks excellent!

Boulogne Harbour

[Image: Screenshot-42.jpg]

Calais Harbour -- Its a bit different nowadays.

Now can anyone tell me how to get rid of surf on the coast. I have patches of it here and there. Sometimes it goes in and out of view depending on the viewing distance.

[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

Asheshouse,

Not sure, but it may be linked to the RGB values on your map_C.tga where they show shallow water. What happens when you have a hard RGB=0 coastline?

CW

No. I cant figure it out.

I'm pretty sure map_c doesn't have any effect.

The Boulogne Harbour image above has no surf, but I can't see any difference in map_T or map_c
It must be something subtle.

Asheshouse,

Any difference between Enhanced FMB and Normal FMB.

CW

No. looks exactly the same "in game".
I need to study the differences between Calais and Boulogne.
There must be something thats not the same.

------------------------------------------------------

After looking more closely at map_T I spotted a few RGB 31 - Water3 textures around Calais which I didn't have at Boulogne. Changed those to RGB 30 - Water2, and the surf has gone.

load.ini entries are:

Water2 = water/rom_fields_Beach.tga,2 ;test
Water3 = land/summer/Grnd/fields_proc021_512.tga

Water2 corresponds to Coastriver in FMB Map Editor -- so maybe its only Water3 that causes surf. This corresponds to Coastsea in the map editor.
I have other bits of stray surf in England. I'll have to experiment more there.
Its essential to define the coast with either RGB 30 or 31 near to the map edges in order to avoid visible tiling. Doesnt seem to matter away from the edges.

I'm now awaiting a CD-Rom from France with historic maps of French airfields 1919-1947. Guess what I'm planning to do next.