[WIP] Coconut Plantations or Orchards from high altitude mod

That's a really creative solution, spud Smile

Since I don't have the extracted Kronstadt plates, I looked at the SFS extractor file list and created the paths from scratch. I threw a base.mat in there, and made the 2 LOD mats and tgs. I used a 512 and a 256 res tga for those.

The base mat had my view distance in it, too. It worked, but the plate was gray, it didn't get my texture. This tells me my mat files are working, but I'm doing something wrong with the tgas. Any ideas?

tater

I'm an idiot, the kronstadt plates are not 4.09. Woot. All I need are 2 TGAs and we're in bidness.

All 88 plates share the same TGA, too, each is just a piece of it. This means I can make a single texture, some areas palms, others can be of different tree types we have. So with 1 release, you can have orchards in europe, coconut palms in the PTO, etc.

Very good work spudSmile will you release any mapmod with this good add-on ?Smile

I got it working. Yje kronstadt plate uses a 512x512 texture, and a single "tree" is huge. Gott afigure out scaling.

Woot. Thanks to the post by taurus in the P-47 thread, I now grok TextureCoordScale.

As a result, I got the kronstadt plates working in literally under 10 minutes.

Very cool. I can now have as many of the kronstadt plates as I wish since they share the same 2 tga files.

tater

punt for canonuk