Battle of Britain 'Online' Map WIP

Sey Joe, may i call you Joe? :lol: There is just 1 thing left to do...

Lets get it on!

Here is the warm up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBm86lrCq2c

I've attempted to capture the feel of the Needles, off the Isle of Wight. Given the limitations of the maps, how does it look? Does it look too silly? It's lots of winter water-towers crowded together Smile

[Image: needles.jpg]

Joe

Looks sweet canon. I gotta get that Big Grin

Very nice in deed!

Very clever and very sweet. If you hadn't mentioned which object you used , I wouldn't have guessed it.

Looks great cannon! I cant wait for this map!! More updates please!

Now, that is sharp! Got to remember, at 300KPH with a Spitfire bearing down on your 6, not many people will be able to tell what it is in the first place... Big Grin

I would like to say "thank you", for building a map that's FPS friendly for us low-end PC users. In this day of monster PC's, everything's tailored for them. It's good to see a base design that's playable by everyone from top to bottom of the PC spectrum.

Quote:Does it look too silly?

Sorry but to me, it does. :oops:

All other features you showed us before rock, though !

Brilliant work m8 8)

Can't wait to get my hands on it Big Grin

[Image: catpongaq4.gif]

rollnloop Wrote:
Quote:Does it look too silly?

Sorry but to me, it does. :oops:

All other features you showed us before rock, though !

I agree. Better without it IMO. Leave the lighthouse where it is though.

Yeah, I know it's not quite perfect. I'm still experimenting with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any properly sized/shaped objects that could just be reskinned?

I wanted to reskin the water tower and remove the alpha channel, but since it's a '46 building I can't find the texture. Any help here?

Thanks

Joe

Looks half decent Joe, all it needs ar e MkI Spits buzzing around and its sorted.

(If you want a hand testing give me a shout mate)

What about resizing the "cliff" object?

since the modders now have a mesh converter, can you rework the cliff object? the other option as i see it would be to continue the water towers up into the peninsula, making them lower as you go along to blend into the terrain (dont know if you can set object height independent of the terrain height).

what the hell do i know :roll:

The Needles looks fine to me....being a fellow Brit and all that....eh what! Big Grin